It's no secret that I am slightly obsessed with blue & white decor. This personal taste of mine often times flows over into my work, and I find myself redoing A LOT of pieces in various shades of blue. If you remember back to the beginning of the year, I even declared that navy is the new black. Well, I can say that it's now August, and I've stuck to that trend and it's still going strong over here! Since I don't share as many furniture makeovers anymore, I thought I'd focus today on all makeovers navy and reasons why I'm such a huge fan.
I've played around with various shades of navy, but have ultimately landed on Naval by Sherwin Williams. It has a deep, rich hue that really mixes well with any color pallet. It's not too bright, but not too dark. If I was Goldilocks, it would be considered my perfect bed.
1) It's versatile. It works equally well in a traditional style or a modern style.
2) It's gender neutral. You can make navy look bold and masculine if you want, however you can also use it with a softer color pallet as an accent piece for a dramatic effect.
3) It is an appropriate color for all ages. Adding a navy changing table or glider into a nursery is a fun way to incorporate color and keep things cheery looking. Likewise, adding a navy dresser into a master bedroom is a perfect way to add a bit of sophistication.
4) It pairs well with various finishes. Whether you prefer a polished brass or a brushed nickel, they all pop against a navy backdrop.
5) It's timeless. Navy has been used in home decor for centuries. Although styles may change, you can always find a way to incorporate navy into your style. I'm telling you now, it's not going anywhere anytime soon!
So there you have it. Short, sweet and to the point. And in case you're looking for the perfect navy piece for your home, check out my current inventory here.