Lighting Round-up - My Top 10
I've recently been hunting around for new lighting fixtures for our home. Let me tell you, it can be a bit overwhelming! Seriously, it's kinda like shopping for a new pair of jeans. Gone are the days of walking into The Gap and grabbing your size. Oh no! That's just one piece of the puzzle...you also have to figure out what style you want, what wash you want, are you going to pay extra money for the pre-cut holes in the knees...because I'm telling you now, that's gonna cost you! But really, I feel like whatever fixture you choose can really define the style of the space. I also never realized what a huge impact fixtures can have and what a drastic effect they can create. Bottom line, you don't want to screw this one up!
Luckily during my search, I stumbled across a great lighting store called Parrot Uncle that offers a huge range of unique fixtures, ranging from all ends of the spectrum, and for affordable prices. To make the search a bit less overwhelming, I thought I'd show off my Top 10 favorites (in no particular order). Click on images for product details.
1) Industrial Fan Light - So often now you see vintage fans being displayed in home decor magazines. However, most of these fans are more for form rather than function. If this is the style you're going for, then why not buy something that offers functionality as well? This light is perfect for that. Just make sure you buy the Edison bulbs!
2) Wood Branch Table Lamp - My favorite part about this lamp is the versatility in style. it would work in all styles of homes from modern to rustic to coastal. I'm pretty sure I could find more than one space in my home where this lamp would work.
3) Tiffany Table Lamp - I usually don't gravitate towards Tiffany lamps, but I'm really into the simplicity of this lamp. It has the Victorian style without going overboard. And the neutral shade would work well with many color schemes.
4) Modern Crystal Chandelier - Part glitz'n glam, part industrial. It's a win-win! You can get your pretty chandelier fix without being too girly. Whether you use this fixture for an entryway, above a dining table, or in a bedroom, it's sure to make a statement.
5) Antler Chandelier - Ok, I'm well aware that this chandelier wouldn't fit into just any home and it definitely leans towards a more rustic styled decor. But, how perfect would this light be in a cabin in the mountains. Just looking at this light makes me want to snuggle up by the fire with a mug of hot cocoa!
6) Tuscan Chandelier - The European influence of this chandelier immediately caught my eye. It has a romantic undertone that creates a warm and elegant setting.
7) Industrial Sconces - These would make awesome bathroom fixtures! They definitely have an industrial feel to them, but the brass accents help to glam them up a bit. I'm envisioning a vintage styled black and white bathroom with gold accents.
8) Tiffany Sconces - These sconces are a great way to add some character to a space. Craftsman style homes are really making a comeback these days, and these lights fit that style perfectly.
9) Modern Wood Pendant - This pendant is definitely a bit funky. I think it's a perfect solution to add a natural element such as wood into a modern space. A conversation piece for sure!
10) Industrial Flush Mount - This simple flush mount fixture is a great alternative to just your everyday blah boring fixture. A simple replacement like this can immediately bring a space up to date.
So there you have it! There really is such a wide range of great products out there! I think the biggest challenge for me is finding fixtures that all work well together and create a cohesive look throughout the entire home. I'll be sure to show you what fixtures I end up with.